Togán Labs today announces the release of Oryx Linux v0.3.1! As described in our previous blog post, Oryx Linux is or container-based embedded Linux distribution based around core technologies from OpenEmbedded and Yocto Project. This release, like v0.3.0, is built using Yocto Project v2.4 “rocko”.
This is a minor update to Oryx Linux and incorporates the following new features:
- Added support for Beaglebone Black devices.
- Added oryx-guests initscript to auto-start all enabled guests at boot and stop all guests at shutdown.
- Allow configuration of Linux capabilities(7) granted to guest containers.
- Mount tmpfs filesystems in guest containers so that temporary files are not stored into persistent storage unnecessarily.
- Improved example guests running an SSH server with either a “minimal” or “full-cmdline” environment.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.